Run Madtown – Volunteer Coordinator
Run Madtown is an annual Half Marathon, 10K and 5K running \ walking event that takes place Memorial Day weekend in Madison, Wisconsin. Run Madtown is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage all volunteers for race weekend, oversee the online volunteer sign up process, communicate with the volunteers and creates reports for the Run Madtown Race Director.
- Manage volunteer recruitment to retain past race weekend volunteers
- Oversee recruitment efforts of new volunteer groups
- Overall volunteer management
- On going communication to volunteers
- Set up, maintain and manage the online volunteer platform
- Work with Run Madtown Team to identify volunteer needs for all events
- Manage volunteers race weekend
- Bi-weekly reports to the Race Director regarding volunteer recruitment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to facilitate successful relationships with school groups, community groups, and corporations
- Must display high attention to detail and be conscientious
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Canva, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok
- Able to prioritize and work in a busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Must be available to attend and work Run Madtown Race Weekend events, sometimes on weekends and \ or in the evenings
- Mandatory 2024 event dates:
- Run Madtown Weekend (May 25 – 26, 2024)
- Week of May 20th
- Excellent customer service skills (phone/email/in person)
- Be a team player – working with staff, volunteers, and event participants
- Mandatory 2024 event dates:
Work Schedule: work from home
Hours Per Week: 5-10 per week; increase in hours as the event gets closer – this is a seasonal position
Compensation: $2000 – $3500, based upon experience plus bonus
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to Beth@runmadtown.com
2023 Run Madtown Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer as an individual or as a group. Groups can earn funds for their non-profit organization.
- Finish Line – Be a part of the excitement and volunteer at the finish line! Awesome option for middle school and high school groups!! As long as an adult volunteer is present, youth as young as 11 yrs old may volunteer!
- Bottled Water , Chocolate Milk and participant snacks
- Medal handout
- Michelob Ultra Beer hand out, must be 18 yrs or older
- Medical Volunteers – Medical volunteers are needed to assist at the finish line and medical tent (nursing students, EMT \ EMS students welcome).
- Gear Check – Check-in/check-out participants gear while they are participating . A great opportunity for an adult and teen/pre-teen to do together!
Bike Escorts – Bike escorts stay with the top three female/male/nonbinary finishers and/or in various parts within the race pack to ensure all is running smoothly. Must provide your own bike/helmet
- Course Marshalls – Volunteers are placed at critical points along the course (e.g. turns) and help direct athletes to ensure they are running the correct direction. This is a perfect job for an adult and child to do together!! As long as one volunteer is an adult, any child over 6 yrs old may assist!
Shift times vary between 6:30am – 11:30am
- On-Course Water/Aid Station – Ensure all the runners stay hydrated by handing out water and Gatorade. You are also a huge cheering section for runners. There are eight water stations along the route. Each station requires 20 volunteers, age requirements vary. Contact us to learn more about ‘owning a water station’
Shift times vary between 6:00am – 11:0am,
Interested in volunteering? Email our Volunteer Director Rachel Hanson.